Sundance is a Small, Economically Disadvantaged Woman and Native American-Owned business based in Pocatello, Idaho with satellite offices in Anchorage, AK; Boise and Victor, ID; Baltimore, MD; Albuquerque, NM; Rootstown, OH; and Barrigada, Guam. Sundance is an environmental consulting firm with an impressive record of delivering high-quality projects on time and within budget. Since 2005, Sundance projects have resulted in positive references from 100% of our clients. We approach every project, regardless of size, with the same commitment to exceptional quality in communication, planning, execution, and deliverables.
Prior to 2005, Sundance’s founder and President, September Myres worked for several environmental organizations supporting the US Army Corps of Engineers (USACE), Pueblos of New Mexico, and Native Alaskan Villages under the Native American Lands Environmental Mitigation Program (NALEMP), and gained the reputation of being able to bring culturally diverse organizations together to provide environmental solutions while meeting the needs of multiple stakeholders. The Department of Defense (DoD) developed NALEMP in 1996 as a program targeted specifically at addressing the effects of past DoD activities on Indian lands and properties conveyed by the Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act. In 2005, Ms. Myres started Sundance to provide her clients solutions to these environmental issues resulting from DoD activities on tribal lands. Her success has led to consecutive NALEMP contracts each year since 2005 plus additional USACE contracts providing remediation, environmental consulting, and records management. In addition to the USACE and Native American and Alaska Native Tribes projects, Sundance has been awarded contracts by the Department of Energy (DOE), Bureau of Land Management (BLM), U.S. National Parks Service, National Interagency Fire Center, the U.S. Forest Service, other federal and state agencies, and many commercial clients. Sundance has maintained a steady and controlled growth and currently has approximately 50 employees nationwide. Sundance maintains a staff of interdisciplinary experts in anthropology, archaeology, biology, botany, ecology, engineering, geology, geographic information systems, hydrology, and a variety of other technical disciplines associated with remediation and environmental consulting.
- Native American Owned Small Business
- Woman Owned Small Business
- Economically Disadvantaged Woman Owned Small Business
- DOT Certified Disadvantaged Business Entity
- 115310 – Support Activities for Forestry
- 237990 – Other Heavy and Civil Engineering Construction
- 541620 – Environmental Consulting Services
- 541690 – Other Scientific and Technical Consulting
- 541712 – Natural Resources and Conservation
- 541820 – Public and Community Relations
- 562910 – Remediation Services (Primary)
- Safety – embrace a strong safety culture and take it home to family and friends
- Client Focus – build an integrated approach to partnering with clients and stakeholders to provide services that are cost-effective
- Environmental Stewardship – achieve responsible use and protection of the natural environment through conservation and land ethic
- Teamwork – build a positive team framework, family spirit, and respect for individual’s ideas
- Professional Development – maintain mentorship and professional development of employees to enhance retention, skill growth, industry recognition, and brand
- Quality – be passionate and determined to provide exceptional quality, defensible data, and best-in-class client deliverables
- Ethics, Integrity, and Transparency – incorporate ethical standards into decision-making and interactions with others
- Innovative Solutions – solving our client’s most difficult challenges through innovative use of people, process and technology
- Corporate Citizen – strive to partner with the communities we work in and implement sustainable work practices throughout the company
Sundance Consulting, Inc. Receives 2016 EBJ Business Achievement Award Recognized for Growth and Innovation
Sundance is proud to announce that it has been chosen to receive Environmental Business Journal’s (EBJ) 15th annual Small Firms (Revenues less than $15 million) award for achievements in 2016.
With 2016 revenues of $11M, marking an increase of $10M or 770% since 2011, Sundance Consulting Inc. (Sundance) has experienced impressive growth. During that five-year period, Sundance opened seven satellite offices and hired 50 employees, increasing its workforce by 350%. Sundance’s forecast for the future is equally impressive. With a backlog of more than 18 months, the company has raised its 2017 year-end revenue target to $14M, up 22% from the previous forecast, and plans to hire 6-8 personnel at both the professional and technical levels.
Instrumental in propelling the firm’s growth has been its contract, Formerly Used Defense Site Information Improvement Plan Support, with the Sacramento District valued at $4M. Additionally, Sundance is providing a broad range of environmental services at Fort Wingate Depot Activity under multiple contract vehicles. Equally critical has been the establishment of an SBA Mentor Protégé Agreement with EA Engineering, Science, and Technology, Inc., PBC (EA) in June 2014. Since then, the firms have collaborated on more than a dozen projects valued at nearly $1M, and most recently, the Sundance-EA Associates JV was awarded a NAVFAC-Pacific contract for Natural Resource Management, with a pool of 5 contractors and a total value of $49 million.
The award will be presented to Sundance’s President/CEO, September Myres at a special ceremony at the Environmental Industry Summit XV in San Diego, Calif. on March 22, 2017.
About the EBJ Business Achievement Awards: In October-December 2013, Climate Change Business Journal solicited nominations for the EBJ Business Achievement Awards. Nominations were accepted in 200-word essays in either specific or unspecified categories. Final awards were determined by a committee of EBJ staff and EBJ editorial advisory board members. (Disclaimer: company audits were not conducted to verify information or claims submitted with nominations.)
About EBI: Founded in 1988, Environmental Business International Inc. (EBI, San Diego, Calif.) is a research, publishing and consulting company that specializes in defining emerging markets and generating strategic market intelligence for companies, investors and policymakers. EBI publishes Environmental Business Journal®, the leading provider of strategic information for the environmental industry, and Climate Change Business Journal®, which covers nine segments of the Climate Change Industry. EBI also performs contract research for the government and private sector and founded the Environmental Industry Summit, an annual three-day event for executives in the environmental industry.